Zest Labs, an AgTech company modernizing the post-harvest fresh food supply chain, today announced that CEO Peter Mehring will participate in a panel discussion titled, “The IoT Data Tsunami Has Arrived, Now What?” at the MIT Connected Things 2018 Conference, hosted by MIT Enterprise Forum, on April 5 in Cambridge, MA. Mehring will be speaking on the panel along with Dennis Groseclose (CEO, TransVoyant), John Licciardello (managing director, Ecosystem Development Fund, IOTA Foundation), Gavin Nicol (CTO, Context Labs), and Melanie Nuce (senior vice president, GS1). The panel will be moderated by Bill McBeath, chief research officer at ChainLink Research. Zest Labs is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ecoark Holdings, Inc. (OTCQX: ZEST), to be renamed Zest Technologies, Inc.
IoT is already generating volumes and varieties of data far beyond what we’ve seen in the past and the quantities are expected to continue to increase dramatically, creating opportunities and challenges. This panel presentation will feature insights from industry leaders on the frontlines of dealing with this tidal wave of new data.
Some of the key takeaways from the presentation include:
- Managing Tsunamis of data—How will we store, secure, search, archive, and manage the mind-boggling amount and variety of data that IoT generates?
- Varieties of IoT data/Edge processing—The range of sensors is enormous. What kinds of data are being generated and used out there? Also, to what extent is the data being processed at the edge, so that the feed from the device is not raw data, but rather derived data?
- Applications of IoT Data—How is the data being used? What are the various use cases? What is the role of IoT data in feeding Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence engines?
- Standards—What is the role of standards for IoT data?
- Cleanliness and Trustworthiness—Just because a device emits data, is it accurate?
- Data Sharing Marketplaces—How can owners of IoT devices share their data with the world and get compensated. What will IoT data marketplaces look like? What role will blockchain play?
- Peter Mehring, CEO, Zest Labs
- John Licciardello, managing director, Ecosystem Development Fund, IOTA Foundation
- Dennis Groseclose, CEO, TransVoyant
- Gavin Nicol, CTO, Context Labs
- Melanie Nuce, senior vice president, GS1
- Bill McBeath, chief research officer, ChainLink Research (Moderator)
|Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:00 pm ET|
|MIT Media Lab (6th Floor)|
|75 Amherst Street, Building E14|
The MIT Connected Things 2018 Conference brings together thought leaders in IoT to share their vision of the future of connected products where networks are ubiquitous, billions of data points are processed, and security is guaranteed.
About Zest Labs
Zest Labs is an AgTech company modernizing the post-harvest fresh food supply chain to improve food safety and reduce food waste by 50% or more. Our flagship solution, Zest Fresh, provides autonomous, field-to-shelf visibility for proactive decision making to improve delivered freshness and reduce shrink. Integrated blockchain technology provides true transparency for food safety, product freshness and traceability. Zest Fresh improves profitability and increases customer satisfaction and brand loyalty while promoting sustainability.
Keith Watson, 617-986-5001